TOWN OF STOKESDALE
REGULAR TOWN COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
8325 ANGEL PARDUE ROAD
STOKESDALE, NC 27357
July 9, 2020 AT 7PM
I. Call to Order
II. Review and Adopt the Agenda
III. Approval of Minutes: May 14, 2020, correction to March 14, 2019
IV. Board & Administrative Report:
Administrative Report from Town Clerk:
Planning Board: Frank Bruno:
Ordinance Review Board: James Greene:
Events Committee: Frank Bruno:
Property Committee: Jim Rigsbee/Jimmy Landreth:
VI. Citizen’s Comments from the Floor (3-minute Limit per Speaker)
Public Hearing Item: Quasi-judicial hearing
- 1. Special Use Permit Case 20-05-STPL-03421 PRD LCID, Land Clearing and Inert Debris, MinorLocated on east side of Pearman Quarry Road approximately 1900 feet north of Warner Road, Guilford County Tax Parcel 166915. This and application for a special use permit for a minor land clearing and inert debris permit on approximately 19.8 acres. Owners: Johnny D. Reynolds and Jeanie M. Reynolds. Engineer: Ed Collins. Zoned, AG.
- 2. Rezoning Case #20-06-STPL-03550: AG to RS-30, Peony Drive Property.
This is a request to rezone property from AG (Agricultural) to RS-30 (Residential, Single-family). Affected property is located at the terminus of Peony Drive and Treeline Drive, Guilford County Tax Parcels 164112 (part) and 164113 (part), approximately 93.5 acres. Applicant/Owner: William Greco, Ted T. Lawson, Connie H. Lawson, Jeffrey Mark Lawson, and DeAnne Greene Lawson.
VII. Old Business:
1. Proposal from Sentry Watch for License plate reading camera $ 3,172.96
2. Proposal from Blaney Electric to run a trench and pvc pipe for Sentry Watch to hook up the License Plate Camera. 995.00 to 1200.00.
3. Discussion and vote on purchasing Archive Social a software program for archiving social media post from Facebook and/or our Website.
4. Spending limits
5. Planning board discussion and possible vote. Please include planning board roster and rules for documentation.
VIII. New Business
1. Discuss and vote to order one new AD841-A20HI Chlorine Pump and the ¼” Tubing Ferrule Connection Kit for a total of $ 1210.25
2. Park Capital Improvement Discussion/Vote (specifically pertaining to exploring opportunities to secure donations from the private sector)
- Discussion and possible vote on having a written policy concerning public and council comment time.
IX. Citizen’s Comments from the Floor. Please be brief so everyone has a chance to make their comments.
X. Closing Comments from Council
1) Farmer’s Market each Wednesday through October 28 from 4pm to 7pm
2) Next Planning Board virtual meeting July 23, 2020 at 7pm if they have any cases to hear
To Join the Zoom meeting:
Time: Jul 9, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Go to: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85321674681?pwd=SEVwQWlBWVlGS25INks5Lzh6eEc5UT09
Meeting ID: 853 2167 4681
One tap mobile
+13126266799,85321674681, 195148# US
Meeting ID: 853 2167 4681
During the Public Comments portion of the meeting, please keep your comments brief and all back ground noises silenced in consideration of others who are listening and may also wish to comment. In lieu of appearing in public, interested parties may do one of the following: To submit comments by phone or email, which will be read into the record, call Town Hall at (336) 643-4011 or email Town Clerk Alisa Houk, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 p.m. on the day of the meeting. (Note: Lengthy comments may be summarized.) Statements must be clearly described as a Public Comment during the phone call or labeled as a Public Comment in the subject line of the email. The full name and address of the sender is required.
• To speak during the meeting, call or email the Town Clerk by 3 p.m. on the day of the meeting using the contact info above. Parties must give their name and clearly specify that they wish to speak during Public Comments. After joining the Zoom meeting at 7 p.m., those who have signed up will be called on to speak only during the Public Comments portion of the meeting. The full name and address of the speaker is required. If you have any questions, please call Town Hall at 336-643-4011.************************************************************************************************************************************************
We have opened the Town Hall doors to citizens and vendors who have to come in to conduct their business. We are still encouraging Citizens to handle water payments, zoning permit purchases and other business that they can handle over the phone, by mail, email, and online to do so. Any meetings of the Town Council or Planning Board will continue to be held virtually because the social distancing order is still in place and indoor gatherings are still limited to no more than 10 people. The Town Park is still open for walking, riding bikes, however no organized team sports are allowed at this time. The playground equipment will remain closed until the Governor lifts the order that closed playgrounds. ######################################################################################################
Town of Stokesdale Water Customers Please Note: After office hours and on holidays in the event of a TRUE water emergency (water main breaks, water gushing from the ground) Please call Mayor Flynt at 336-687-6019 or Town Clerk Alisa Houk 336-580-6611. They will contact our water contractors. For Water Disruption, during routine business hours, please call Town Hall at 336-643-4011 and someone will assist you with your account. Thank you.
To view the Town's Development Ordinances, please see the link below
Regular Meeting of Town Council is always the second Thursday of the month at 7:00p.m. at Stokesdale Town Hall, 8325 Angel Pardue Road, Stokesdale. Unless otherwise posted.
The Town is Now Accepting Online or by Telephone, Credit Cards for Water Payments --- You may call 336-645-3308 at any time day or night, or visit the website:stokesdalenc.govtportal.com.
Please be reminded that the Town of Stokesdale can be found on Facebook as well. We'd appreciate your "liking" the FB page!
New Committee Members Are Always Needed and Appreciated
Everyone that is interested in serving, should complete the application below and return it to Town Hall.
WE CURRENTLY NEED VOLUNTEERS TO HELP OUT WITH OUR EVENTS & CHRISTMAS PARADE COMMITTEE: we would love to make use of our new shelter in the park this summer. Suggestions are welcome: festivals, picnics, music in the park, craft fair, etc...
Guilford County Sheriff's Office
The Guilford County Sheriff's Office has partnered with a private online network called
Nextdoor is a free private social networking website for your neighborhood.
Nextdoor makes it easy to connect with your neighbors and build
stronger, safer, happier places to call home.
Join our NEXTDOOR Community at
Council Member Frank Bruno can be heard on RockinghamCounty Radio.com or 1420 WMYN on the second Wednesday of each month. The live broadcase will air at 11:00 a.m. with a rebroadcast at 7:00 p.m. The show is also available as a podcast, on demand anytime at http://www.wloewmyn.com/Listen_24_7.html
US 158 Improvements: The DOT has chosen the northern route for the Highway 158 widening project through Stokesdale. The route is highlited in yellow on the link to the map. Please direct any questions directly to the DOT.
Forsyth and Guilford Counties
NCDOT STIP Number R-2577
This $105 million project will widen 18.8 miles of U.S. 158 to multiple lanes from U.S. 421/Business 40 in Winston-Salem to U.S. 220 in Guilford County. The project is divided into three sections:
- Section A is 5.1 miles long. It begins just north of U.S. 421/Business 40/N.C. 150 and ends at Belews Creek Road in Forsyth County;
- Section B is 7.2 miles long. It begins at Belews Creek Road in Forsyth County and ends at Anthony Road in Guilford County; and
- Section C is 6.5 miles long. It begins at Anthony Road in Guilford County and ends at U.S. 220 in Guilford County.
Section C will impact the Town of Stokesdale.
Planning Board & Ordinance Review Applications
Are Being Accepted NOW!
Please complete an application and send to Town Hall Stokesdale@Stokesdale.org
PO Box 465
Stokesdale, NC 27357
Planning Board Application