- Amount of deposit required by renters: $175. New Property Owners will be required to have a $50.00 deposit. (refund deposit only/no interest paid)
- A charge of $25 to set up each new account. This will be applied to new rental customers as well as customers new to the system and will be reflected on FIRST water billing.
- Water bills are due when rendered. This notice will include a 1.5% late charge. The late charge of 1.5% will be added when bills are due (20 days from date of billing).
- A $20 returned check fee will be assessed for all returned checks and drafts.
- Reconnect fee is $75.00. A written notice/reminder appears on each billing stating that water services can be terminated when accounts are 60 days past due.
- Water Rate Schedule: $25.00 plus a fee of $6.49/1000 gallons for all water used with rates being reviewed monthly.
- The water customer fee is $25.00/month for all citizens who have a meter box but have not made the connection to their house.
- Billing will be done on a monthly basis. Meters are read on the second Saturday of each month.
- All commercial (non-residential) facilities (buildings) are required to install a pressure reduction principle assembly BACKFLOW PREVENTOR. All commercial customerswill be charged $300.00 for an initial inspection of the backflow preventer when it is installed. Some residential buildings may require a backflow preventer. Please see Section 1.9 of Ordinance #54 for more information.
- Bulk Water Sales: Hourly labor rate charged by contractor plus cost of water plus 15%.
For Water System Customer Inquiries such as billing questions, service connections, new taps etc.
Contact Stokesdale Town Hall 336-643-4011 and leave a message.
Your call will be returned on the next business day.